How do I become a member?
The Okanagan Section of the ACC is a local chapter of the Alpine Club of Canada. All memberships with ACC Okanagan are processed through ACC National, when you join the club, you become a member of both the National ACC and a local section.
- Go to the National website HERE and select the type of membership you want.
- Follow the prompts, making sure you select Okanagan as your primary section. Please note if you choose to join another section there is an associated cost with each section.
- Pay online with a credit card.
- Welcome to ACC Okanagan. Please send us a quick email using the contact membership button (HERE) to let us know, one of our executives with contact you and get you set up on our section email notification list. It can take up to a week for ACC National to process your membership applications, so by emailing us right away we can ensure that you do not miss out on any of our section events, trips and activities.
- For more information, please see the membership section of our website.
ACC memberships are active for one year from the time of purchase and are open to everyone regardless of age, skills or where they live.
Why do I need a membership?
-Local sections of the ACC are the heart and soul of the club. Your membership allows you to join one or more sections.
-Local section membership allows you to attend the outings, social events and training courses that are organized and run by the section. Outings are either free or run on a cost-recovery basis.
-ACC memberships are active for one year from the time of purchase and are open to everyone regardless of age, skills or where they live.
-For more information on member benefits please visit the national website HERE.
Do I need to sign a waiver?
All participants in activities sponsored by The Alpine Club of Canada are required to read and sign a waiver. The importance of the waiver to the Alpine Club cannot be over-emphasized. ACC Section Leaders and instructors are required to have participants in activities sponsored by the ACC sign the waiver.
The waiver is available here: https://accokanagan.ca/waivers-and-forms/
What gear do I need?
How do I stay informed/get emails from the club?
The club maintains an email list to keep members up to date with the latest club news and events. To sign up or unsubscribe please go HERE.
You can also follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/ACCOkanagan/
And Instagram COMING SOON
Any other questions?
Complete the form below and include your question or questions. Click on the Contact Us button below to submit your question and someone from the club will get back to you with an answer soonest.