acc okanagan

acc logo

ACC Okanagan Forum » Get Organized

Pinnacles Scrambling Weekend

(5 posts)
  1. glevac

I’m planning a weekend of hiking and scrambling in the Pinnacles area of the Monashees. Tentative date at this time is July 14-15th. This trip will include an overnight camping on the Saturday. More details to come.

Posted 5 years ago #
  2. glevac

The Pinnacles area which is located east of Cherryville is a spectacular destination with towering spires that provide lots of options for scrambling. Join this hiking and scrambling weekend at Monashee Lake on July 14-15, 2012. The plan is to hike to and camp overnight at Monashee Lake on Saturday and explore and scramble up one of the many 2500m peaks in the area on Sunday. To get to Monashee Lake, the trail climbs 700m (2,275 ft) over 4.5 km. You should be reasonably fit to join this trip and have previous backcountry camping experience. The trailhead is accessed via the South Fork FSR, a high clearance vehicle is recommended.

Please contact me if you are interested and to get more info. Email at gerlevac@gmail.com is preferred but you are welcome to phone me at 250-864-3603.

Gerald

Posted 5 years ago #
  3. glevac

Due to a significant washout of the South Fork FSR at km 17, the location of this trip has been changed to Pinnacle Lake. Those who have signed up for the trip will be contacted directly with further details.

Posted 5 years ago #
  4. nickt

Anyone know what the plans are for car sharing?

Posted 5 years ago #
  5. nickt

Here are some photos, hope you enjoy them

http://s1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb457/nicktinbc/Pinnacles%20June%202012/

Posted 5 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

ACC Okanagan Forum is powered by bbPress.