acc logo

ACC Okanagan Forum » General

AGM and Photo Contest November 24th @ Big White

(11 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by aparker
  • Latest reply from Dave_Cross
  1. aparker
    Site Admin

Join us for the ACC Okanagan Annual General Meeting on Saturday November 24th at Big White!

Preliminary Schedule:

From 12 noon:
    Instructor Lead Avalanche Training Session (free with advanced registration, more info coming soon)
    Additional Skills Workshop (topic TBD)
    Snowshoe, ski, or hike

Evening:
    Guest Speaker (?)
    Potluck dinner
    ** Photo contest judging! **
    Nomination and Election of Executive for 2013
    Tasty beverage consumption (BYOB)

The event will be held at the Canadian Ski Patrol Hut which is complete with hostel style rooms with bunks and mattresses, shower, and washroom facilities giving people the option to spend the night($20 fee).

Prizes for the Pat Reiter and TJ Tessel Memorial Photo Contest will be awarded in the evening. The esteemed judges? You! So please (please!) submit some photos to Jim Tanner by November 12th. More info on the website: http://accokanagan.ca/index.php?page=photocontest

More details in the coming weeks. See you there.

Posted 5 years ago #
  2. aparker
    Site Admin

Schedule:

12:30 - 4:30
    Avalanche Training Session with Finbar O'Sullivan: "Everything you wanted to know about avalanches but were afraid to ask" with interactive outdoor training sessions.
    Advanced registration required, limited to about 15 places.
    Contact Andrew at agparker@gmail.com to register.
    (This workshop is funded by a donation from Brett Sichello.)

12:30 - 2:00
    Map and Compass Workshop with Kevin Witzke. For details contact Kevin at kevinwitzke@hotmail.com

2:15 - 4:00
    Crevasse Rescue Workshop with Dave Henwood. For details contact Dave at davephen@yahoo.com

6:00
    Potluck dinner. Bring something to share if you can. Coordinate using the forum at: http://accokanagan.ca/forum/topic.php?id=1477

7:00 - 7:30
    Business. Reports from the Chair, Treasurer, and Secretary and election of the new executive.

7:30
    Photo contest judging and prizes.

Overnight:
    People are welcome to spend Saturday night at the Canadian Ski Patrol Hut which is complete with hostel style rooms ($20 fee). Bring a sleeping bag.

The meeting will take place at the Canadian Ski Patrol Facility at Big White.

Directions:
    From Hwy 97 in Kelowna take Highway 33 east. Turn left at the Big White turn off approximately 40 km from Kelowna. 30 minutes up the Big White road brings you to the Snow Pine Estates. After the "Welcome to Big White" sign there is a left hand turn about 200 meters down the road. A small sign saying Ski Patrol and Ambulance is at this turn. Follow this road to the parking lot. At the far end of the lot, park and the CSPS Lodge is the large building on the left at the end of the driveway. If you miss the
    turn you will arrive shortly at the base of the Ridge chair ski lift and lodge.

Posted 5 years ago #
  3. aparker
    Site Admin

The Ski Patrol Building is #37 on the Big White Village Map:

http://accokanagan.ca/docs/BigWhiteVillageMap.pdf

Posted 5 years ago #
  4. GentMoo

Hi everyone, I need a ride!!!

I just joined to this Club. I am looking a carpool (or Shared gas)to the Training session/Event/workshop. I live at west kelowna, and I can meet you at your convenience's place. Please Call/Text me at 778-363-0458.

Thanks ,

Gent

Posted 5 years ago #
  5. Dave_Cross

Hi All,

Time to pay back for all those rides I've had in the past...
    I'll be coming down from Vernon, so will be passing through Kelowna with an empty car. I can fit another 4 people plus gear. I'm on the avalanche course so need to be up there for 12. Also, I plan to stay overnight. If anybody needs a ride, let me know.

Posted 5 years ago #
  6. GentMoo

Hi Dave,

Could you give me a ride? I am going to Avalanche course too. So where/when can I meet you on this Saturday?

Thanks,

Gent

Posted 5 years ago #
  7. Dave_Cross

No problem. I'll give you a txt or call later in the week to sort out a meeting place.
    Any body else need a ride?

Posted 5 years ago #
  8. aparker
    Site Admin

On the topic of the potluck...I'll bring a vat of vegetarian chilli.

Posted 5 years ago #
  9. cailanlibby

I am needing a ride, live in Glenmore but can meet elsewhere, Cell #250-718-0196

Posted 4 years ago #
  10. aparker
    Site Admin

Avalanche Course is full.

Posted 4 years ago #
  11. Dave_Cross

I'll be at the Tim Hortens at corner of Enterprise and Powick Rd just before 11am if you can be there then. Plenty of room.I'll txt you...

Dave

Posted 4 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

ACC Okanagan Forum is powered by bbPress.